There’s obvious appeal to any trip to Hawaii – sunny beaches, relaxed atmosphere and gorgeous scenery. What often surprises groups are the educational, cross-cultural and historical experiences that the Hawaiian islands offer. Keep the following in mind when presenting a Hawaii Tour to your school board, parents or administration.
- Educational & Cultural Value
- Visit USS Arizona Memorial, built over the remains of the sunken battleship USS Arizona
- USS Missouri Battleship self-tour, including the site where the Instrument of Surrender was signed in September 1945, ending World War II
- Meet WWII survivors at Pearl Harbor
- Explore eight Polynesian cultures in one day: Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Aotearoa (New Zealand), Marquesas, Hawaii, Rapa Nui and Tahiti at the Polynesian Cultural Center
- Learn the Hawaiian hula
- Learn a bit of the Hawaiian language